Roasted Butternut Squash and Tomato Tart
1 quantity of shortcrust pastry baked blind
1 Butternut Squash
8 small vine tomatoes, halved
1 courgette, sliced
8 rashers of streaky bacon
1 tbsp olive oil
200g 0% fat Greek Yogurt
3 large free range eggs
salt & freshly ground pepper
8 fresh basil leaves
1. Peel squash and deseed. Cut into even sized pieces and put into a roasting tin.
2. Cut tomatoes in half and slice the courgette, place in roasting tin with squash.
3. Pour over the oil and mix through the vegetables, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt
4. Roast in an oven 200C for 30 minutes until the butternut squash is soft and slightly caramelised round the edges.
5. Chop the streaky bacon into pieces and spread over the vegetables, roast for a further 10 minutes until crisp.
6. Place the vegetables and bacon into the pastry case.
7. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and stir in the 0% Greek yogurt, season with salt and pepper.
8. Pour the mixture over the vegetables.
9. Tear up the basil leaves and spread them evenly across the tart, push them down into the egg mixture.
Herbs on Saturday run by Karen at Lavender and Lovage.