Choc-ful Christmas Muffins150g chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
50g caster sugar
200g caster sugar
450g plain flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
170g butter or margarine
2 eggs, lightly beaten
100g chopped pecans or walnuts
50g chopped chocolate (white, milk or dark)
1 tbsp grated orange rind
1. Mix the chopped cranberries with the 50g caster sugar, set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and the 200g caster sugar.
3. Cut in the butter or margarine and rub in until it resembles coarse bread crumbs.
4. Combine the eggs with the milk and stir into the flour mixture until just moistened, do not over mix.
5. Gently fold in nuts, orange peel, cranberries and chopped chocolate.
6. Fill paper-lined muffin tins two thirds full.
7. Bake at 190C for 20-25 minutes.
Makes about 18 Muffins.
Baking is so much easier when you have the right equipment, so when I was asked to review some items from the Dunelm Mill Christmas Collection I chose items that would make baking and giving muffins so much easier and would also make great gifts for friends and relatives who like to bake.
Red Mason Cash 'Let them Eat Cake' baking bowl with it's crown and 'Let them Eat Cake' embossed in the side! It cheers me up just looking at it.
Holly and Berries Collection Oval Platter, perfect for presenting any kind of Christmas fare but particularly good for cakes and muffins.
Lavender and Lovage and Kate at What Kate Baked. This month Kate is hosting and the theme is Chocolate.
Chocolate Log Blog and Chele at Chocolate Teapot.
There are loads more great Dunelm Mill Christmas Gifts for Cooks and essential Dunelm Mill cooking and baking equipment in Christmas Cook and Dine
I received these products for review from Dunelm Mill, I was not required to write a positive review and all opinions are my own.